Every self-respecting mistress keeps the windows clean. On average, the wet cleaning of windows is carried out every three months. But, if your apartment is located on the first floor, then, perhaps, the windows will have to be washed more often, so they get more dust and dirt. Surely everyone knows how to clean windows, but not everyone does it right. In this article we will dwell in detail on how and how to clean the windows better.
- 1 The tools necessary for washing windows are found in every home
- 2 Do a little preparation
- 3 Selecting a detergent
- 4 Video: Comparison of means for washing windows
- 5 Stages of washing windows
- 6 Some features of washing plastic windows
- 7 Tips for taking care of windows
- 8 Video: On how to clean windows properly!
The tools necessary for washing windows are found in every home
Sponge. It is desirable that one side of the sponge is rigid. So you can easily get rid of severe pollution.
Wiper. It is also called a screed or shot. Thanks to this device, you will not only understand how to clean windows properly, but also love this activity. The windshield wiper can be on a long handle, then you do not have to climb a chair or a window sill once more. There are especially convenient models with a sponge on one side and a snap to the other.
Detergent. It can be anything. On the choice of the means for washing the windows, we will dwell in more detail on the text.
A piece of dry cloth. The fabric can be used cotton, you can take a piece of natural suede, linen or non-woven material. The main condition is that it should absorb water well.
A bowl or a bucket. You will need any container of water. First, in order to dissolve the detergent, and then to rinse the glass with clean water.
Do a little preparation
First, free the window sill from foreign objects (flowerpots, vases, household appliances). And place all the necessary tools within reach. Do not pour a lot of water into a bucket or a basin to avoid splashing it around. Determine in advance what you will wash the windows from the outside. Well, if it's a separate sponge, because the reverse side of the glass is much dirtier.
For wet cleaning it is better to choose a cloudy, windless weather. Otherwise, under direct sunlight, the glass will dry quickly, and then it will not be possible to wash the windows without divorce.
Selecting a detergent
So, my window. If you have windows with wooden painted frames, then use a liquid detergent, soap solution, or add ammonia to the water at the rate of 2 tablespoons per 1 liter of water. Do not use soda, as the paint from it fades.
The better to wash the plastic windows? The main thing - do not use abrasive powders and coarse wool. In order not to damage the plastic sensitive to mechanical influences. To wash a plastic window, you can use any liquid.
There is another way, time-tested - this is the use of chalk. For this, it needs to be thinned and dissolved in water (2-3 tablespoons per 1 glass of water). Then wipe the chalk with a glass solution, let it dry a little and carefully rub it with newspapers.
This method really works, but it is quite laborious. It is much easier to use modern synthetic tools for washing windows. It can be in any form - powder, gel or paste. The choice in the market of detergents is huge and they all perfectly cope with their task.
When choosing a product, pay attention to its composition, since some components can cause an allergic reaction. Basically, they consist of water, ammonia, surfactants and auxiliary acids and alcohols that dissolve dirt.
Video: Comparison of means for washing windows
Stages of washing windows
My frame. Always wash the window with cleaning and washing the frame and only then go to the glass. Very often they admit, it is a mistake to start washing the glass, and then the frame.
Cleaning the window from the main dirt. Moisten the sponge in water with the detergent dissolved in it and carefully wet the surface of the glass. Further, without missing a centimeter, clean the window, driving the dirt down with a sponge. Remember that the main dirt is located at the junctions of the glass and frame. Therefore, at the conclusion of the first stage, draw a sponge around the perimeter of the window, increasing the pressure. When you wash the plastic windows from the outside, use a brush with a long handle. Remember about safety measures, avoid sudden movements.
Pure washing. To wipe the window dry you will need a windshield wiper. Swipe the glass, starting from the very top. Maintain an angle of inclination of 20-30 degrees. You need to move strictly horizontally, each time overlapping the washed area for a couple of centimeters. Wipe the wiper blade dry after each pass. This is the most important point in the entire car wash, and dry rags may need a lot. A damp screed will leave stains on the glass. Together with rags you can use old newspapers.
If there is no screed, then the best and time-tested, window wipe will be flannel fabric.
Movement of the windshield wiper on the glass surface.
Some features of washing plastic windows
For the proper washing of plastic windows and the preservation of their functionality, pay attention to the following points:
1. If the design of your plastic windows provides a special coating or spraying, then do not be afraid to wash them, as this is all applied to the inside of the glass.
2. Pay special attention to care for metal fittings, rubber seals and drainage holes:
- Fittings after washing and drying, lubricate with engine oil.
- Apply a special silicone grease to the rubber seal. It will protect you from drying and cracks.
Lubrication of the accessories of the plastic window. Photos - www.pvcwindow.ir
3. Drainage outlets should always be clean. Blockage can cause the window to fog up and freeze in winter. On sale there are special kits for the care of plastic windows, which include all the necessary tools.
Look at where each of the plastic window hardware components is located.
Photo - revelationwindows.co.uk
Tips for taking care of windows
1. After cleaning, wipe the windows with a solution of vinegar. The smell will drive away the flies and the glass will stay clean for longer.
2. Take a strong solution of table salt (2 tablespoons per 1 glass of water) and apply it on the glass - so the windows will not freeze in the cold for longer.
3. Small cracks on the glass can be processed from the outside with a colorless nail polish. It is invisible and holds out for a long time.
4. To keep the windows clean for longer, they can be wiped with a mixture of water (30 g), glycerin (70 g) and a couple drops of ammonia. When the glass dries, a thin protective film will remain on it.
After reading this article, you learned how to clean windows properly, which detergents to choose, and how to fix the result. While doing cleaning windows, especially outside, do not forget about safety.